Saturday, April 17, 2010

update, really late

OK, so I haven’t posted in a long long time. Mostly because we are trying to catch up, just in time to have him go back in. Surgery 2 is scheduled for 4/29/10. He will arrive at freaking early AM and have his Jpouch made. This is a very simple explanation. http://ibdcrohns.about.com/od/ulcerativecolitis/a/jpouch.htm. He is having the 3-part surgery, partly, I firmly believe, because we allowed the scary ‘sub hobo with a cardboard box’ hospital to treat him first and they sort of weakened him.

Post surgery he should come home in 4 to 5 days and be able to use the stairs so I won’t have the opportunity to harass the discharge planner who can’t get hospital beds for patients.

I have thought about becoming a freelance case manager for people, hire me for 25 bucks an hour and I will find out what you can and cannot get.

Back to what is important; he will be back at work in 4 to 5 weeks and have surgery 3 in 3 months (just in time for my birthday?).

He will not be in the new tower for surgery 2 but will for surgery 3. If you don’t know what I mean. Don’t worry too much. They are building a new tower of patient rooms and will tear down the old one.

Yes, I did get a couple of days in the hospital. Appendix. How really BORING.

So Jeff has done really freaking well, he has had every single annoying complication of this surgery he could that is messy but not dangerous. They talked about blockages and all sorts of things. He got weird mucus discharge that made the bags hard to keep on, and we had to go to battle, but the insurance people are wonderful and helped. So now we have better wafers. (the little round bit that attaches to his skin and we hook the bag on). He also has drainage from his incision because the Heartman pouch is draining there. (messy but far better than other choices). But really it’s not scary. Not sure how awful it is for him to deal with but I have no real freak-out about it. Not like if he was getting infections, or blockages or other things that required aggressive treatment.

I do think he has Bad Hospital PTSD. He said he went in there for a review (still has a Bad Hospital primary) and got really angry.

So on the 29th I start of leave from work for 7 days and possible another 1 or 2 weeks part time. We, Cori, Jacque, Kate (Jeff’s mom), we be in the surgical waiting room. The kids are not willing to hang out in school “waiting”.

I will not be on the cell phone that day. I may have a phone minder and I will post on face book, or designate someone.

For the Dr. Who fans, Bad Hospital is much worse than Bad Wolf.

Updates will be forth coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment